We are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We are seeking an experienced Estimator to supplement our Commercial department. The role involves working full-time hours, Monday to Friday. You’ll be based at our head office in Ossett, West Yorkshire, but you’ll be traveling across the UK for site visits and meetings, so flexibility is required. Due to the nature of this role, we understand there will be an element of homeworking necessary to successfully deliver in this position.
We’re offering a salary £40,000 to £50,000 and a car allowance of £5,000 per annum.
The Role – What will I be doing?
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with previous experience within a similar role in the retail/commercial industry and with a good base knowledge of construction methods, materials and industry standards. Your day to day will include:
- Review project specifications, drawings, and other documents to understand the scope and requirements of construction projects.
- Conduct comprehensive cost analyses, including labour, materials, equipment, and other relevant factors, to prepare accurate project estimates.
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs from drawings and specifications to determine the quantities of materials required for a project.
- Communicate with clients and subcontractors to obtain competitive pricing for materials and services. Evaluate and negotiate quotes to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive cost database, including historical cost data and current market prices for materials and services.
- Work closely with project managers and other stakeholders to develop project budgets based on accurate and detailed estimates.
- Identify and assess potential risks related to cost factors and provide recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Collaborate with project teams to explore value engineering opportunities that optimise project costs without compromising quality.
- Prepare and submit detailed and competitive bids to secure projects. Ensure that bids are submitted within specified deadlines.
- Maintain organised and accurate documentation of all estimation activities, including correspondence, quotes, and cost breakdowns.
The Benefits – Why should I work at the Key Group?
We offer a vibrant work culture, led by our dynamic Working Well Squad who drive Company events, recognition, and people initiatives.
We grow our people. We’re proud that 75% of our management team were promoted from within.
Here at the Key Group, your brilliant ideas and hard work don’t just get noticed – they get celebrated and rewarded.
As a part of our team, you earn extra holidays based on your length of service, and we’ll even throw in the option to snag health cover. Because at our place, we believe in making work awesome, every single day.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, firmly convinced that a diverse team is the key to staying at the forefront of our industry. Our goal is to foster a workplace where everyone can leverage their skills to the fullest, free from discrimination or harassment, and where merit guides all decisions.
We stand against discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Such discrimination has no place among our team, and we do not tolerate it from anyone working for or with us.
How to Apply:
Ready to embark on a fulfilling career journey with us? To apply for any of our current openings or to express your interest for future opportunities, please send your CV to HR@keygrp.co.uk